Friday, April 13, 2007

back

Long time no blog. No excuses. I just didn't feel like writing anything, here and on Multiply.

Well, not really. For one week the phone lines in our neighborhood were busted. Screw Manila Water, the culprit, for their endless diggings. Ruining our streets and causing traffic, driving us nuts with that godawful noise they're making - you'd think these bastards will at least be careful not to cause any more inconvenience. But hey, there's a whole world of creeps and cretins out there.

And then there was the Holy Week, which I spent with my wife in Zaragosa, Nueva Ecija. Away from the madding crowd, to quote that Hardy guy. No phone lines, no Internet, no 7-Eleven around the corner; just me and my wife and our books. Priceless moments.

And then of course there was my laziness.

Things aren't falling on the right places for me. Just yesterday I blew up another job opportunity. It was depressing. It drove me back to drinking. Now, more than 24 hours later, my stomach is still queasy. Sick and jobless, how fucking miserable.

More sad news: Kurt Vonnegut died yesterday. Sniff. Perfect time to check out Breakfast of Champions and Cat's Cradle, I guess.

On the bright side: I've a book coming out. Yey!

4 Comments:

Blogger mikay said...

welcome back!
i feel the same way...well, what the heck!
cheeeers! to the bright side =D

11:35 AM  
Blogger bananamatronix said...

karllllllllll! yay!

-diane

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit. Did I read that right? Book coming out? FUCK! Good on yah man!

I was wondering whatever the hell happened to yah. Blogspot ka na pala ngayon ha!

See yah around. ;-)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Hi girls.

Tayo tayo pa rin ba outside Multiply? Not that I'm complaining, hehehe...

Kita kits.

Karl

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home