Friday, February 16, 2007

good news

Now I really owe Jack Kerouac a bottle of wine, if only that gloomy bastard is still around...

My review on his book, Desolation Angels ("Solitude Becomes Beautiful in Kerouac's 'Desolation Angels'"), which became a weekly winner in Philippine Star-National Bookstore's "My Favorite Book" writing contest, has been picked as one of the five Honorable Mention awards for 2006. Which means GCs, man, among other prizes. Garland's The Beach, come to Butt-head, nya-ha! Also an Irvine Welsh, yes. Maybe a Pynchon or a Coupland or a Burke. Borges? Hmm... A Bret Easton Ellis, why not? Kinky Friedman! Kurt Vonnegut! More Carl Hiaasen! Stephen King's Cell, finally. And, of course, the soon-to-be-released Harry Potter book for my ever-supportive wife. (I'm still undecided on Kerouac's Beat Generation. I'm not really heavy into plays.)

Anyway, the awarding ceremony will be on Feb. 27, 2pm, at the NB branch in Shangri-la Plaza Mall. See me wearing tux - Not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home