Friday, December 08, 2006

bummer

Because Albay is still in the dumps courtesy of Typhoon Reming, plans for our honeymoon do not look good. I could rant and bitch about like a minority congressman, but when I see the devastation on TV, see all those families who'll not be celebrating the holidays with joy, I keep my mouth shut. I've no right to complain.

Yes, Albay, my mother's hometown, is where we plan to spend the days between wedding and Christmas. One of our principal sponsors, Aunt Nena, herself a Bicolana, promised to foot the bill. An uncle pledged his brand new van, and some cousins agreed to tag along for the predictably beer-y 10-hour roadtrip. Such excitement: my fiancee and I were looking forward for some fun away from the maddening Christmas rush and crowded malls and were thinking beaches! trees! fresh air! animalistic outdoor sex! when Reming came and ruined everything.

Tough luck, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home