Friday, February 23, 2007

not easy

Philsprint Publishing, publisher of my soon-to-be-out novella called L (the editors may give it a new title, but for me it's L), has expressed intention on commissioning me for another story. "How's that, dude?" the editor-in-chief said. "Easy money." "Why not?" I retorted. "Sounds cool." Indeed... except for that "easy money" crack. Since when writing has become easy? As journalist/biographer Gene Fowler said, "Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." That speaks volumes, man. By the way, I got that from a Bob Ong book.

So next Friday I'll meet with this editor-in-chief in Market! Market! where he and his crew hold office. And then I'll see from there.

2 Comments:

Blogger SU said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:21 PM  
Blogger SU said...

"All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead"
-- And from those blood droplets come words and ideas as hot as hell. Yeah, writing is 'easy'. =)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home