Thursday, December 21, 2006

so far, so good

How's married life so far? Challenging. Adjustments are bummers. The fact that my lola died two days after the wedding didn't make things easier. People say she let my wedding pass first before dropping us with an emergency. It might be just coincidence -- December after all is when many old folks say, Fuck it, I'm outta here -- but I like to believe it's not. I owe mama one. We're not that hot about the Subic honeymoon anyway.

Anyway, I'm a married man now. I am looking at a thing so big, new and alien, and, understandably, the question "What have I gotten myself into?" is banging in my head more times than I want it to. (My wife, Charmaine, who had to give up a pampered airconditioned life complete with nightly Playstation marathons to be with me, is crying homesickness.) Birth pains, they say. Yeah. And we're coping. I guess we're just surprised marriage is not as easy as we first thought it is.

5 Comments:

Blogger mikay said...

congratulations!!!
all the best for you both!!!=)

cheeeeeers!

*you should watch "mind of a married man" hehe...

8:51 PM  
Blogger mikay said...

i'm sorry to hear about your lola...

11:49 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

Thanks, Miks. What I want to see right now is "The Wedding Singer." Looove that movie. Anyway, who stars in "Mind of a Married Man"?

Belated Merry Xmas . . .

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my my my. husband, wife, married, homesickeness... sounded strange--and scary--hearing it from you.

still, the best of luck and love for you and charmaine. =)

~ andrea

2:57 AM  
Blogger SU said...

It sure aint easy but you'll survive ;)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home