Tuesday, February 13, 2007

erotica

Just for the heck of it, and because somebody promised to pay me for an output, I'm trying my hand on some erotic writing - in tagalog! Where one writes "ari/titi/puke" instead of "genitalia/penis/pussy," and hopes his friends will not label him a pervert. If things pan out my first novelette, L na L, will hit selected stores this March. (The original title was L until the publisher - the power that be in the wonderful world of book publishing - insisted on L na L, presumably for marketing purposes.) It's a good story, if I am to beat my chest a little here. At least it's better than many tagalog novelettes currently out there, including those that do not fall under the erotica banner. I urge folks - especially the intellectuals, morallists and Bible-thumpers, as well as the snobs who consider literature written in the vernacular corny - to give my work a whirl before coming up with a comment. Otherwise, just shut up, man. Don't be like Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita, who huffed and puffed against The Da Vinci Code last year even though, by his own admission, he hasn't read a word from the book. Better horny than dumb, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home