Wednesday, September 27, 2006

hassle

Somebody from a forgotten era had warned me on the hassle of planning a wedding, but I didn't pay attention. Bad move. Now my fiancee and I have only about 12 weeks in our hands, and I don't think we're accomplishing much in terms of preparation, and I'm getting edgy as hell. I desperately need some advice.

Planning a wedding: All those people to talk to and places to go to. The paperworks, church requirements and all that. Taste tests, souvenirs, gowns. Invitations. Seminars and interviews (as if we're applying for a DH job abroad). Photo and video coverage. Enlisting people for the entourage. Shit. And don't get me started on the expenses. I might weep.

The guy who warned me about this, I think he said something like, the celebration isn't the wedding day, it's the days after. He wasn't talking about the honeymoon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

throw me an email for a wedding announcement on paper. before OR after, if you wish.

3:12 PM  
Blogger mikay said...

12 weeks? wow... too soon!!! but i can help you with your planning... msg me anytime...

8:22 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

To Andrea: Why not? I'll let you know if things are at their right places. Thanks! =)

To Mikay: Thanks for the offer, man. What's really troubling me is the schedule. Lots of our meetings get cancelled because of one reason or another. And these nasty weather disturbances sure aren't helping any. I'll let you know if I need anything =)

5:36 PM  
Blogger mikay said...

all the best!!! =)
i hope to meet you and your bride...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Why not? hehe . . .

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home