Friday, June 01, 2007

new cd's


Loots from the recent Universal Records CD sale:

*Mule Variations by Tom Waits. I'm a big fan of this dude. He sings about all things sad and beautiful. He's best listened to with a cold bottle of beer on one hand and a Kerouac book on the other. Bring on the rainy season, man.

*Devil in the Details by Saigon Kick. I remember cruising the dark Sumulong Highway one drizzly night a long time ago, listening to Spanish Rain on my Walkman, having a blast at the romantic Caribbean images the song evokes in my head. So when I chanced upon this CD on sale I grabbed it like I would grab tits, only to relive that long lost life.

*O2 by Firehouse. Some say they're has-beens and that their vocalist sings like he has balls the size of pimples, but so what? Admittedly, though, I prefer their earlier works. Yeah, circa Love of a Lifetime, baby. Sue me.

*Show Business by Kix. A treasure of an album for only Php20, with nine rawkin' tunes and a tearjerking break-up ballad to top it all off. One spin and I'm hooked.

*Wait by Steelheart. High-pitched vocals, anyone? Sometimes such shit gets me groovin'. And I like ballads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home