Thursday, June 01, 2006

missing the rain

One thing I dislike about my freelance gig is I get to stay home during these scorching afternoons we're having these days. Today's temperature shot up to 33 degrees Celsius. I don't care what Pagasa says, but I think that's the hottest so far. At least here in Antipolo.

I miss the rain. I miss sleeping at night listening to the sound of raindrops exploding on the roof. I miss waking up to a wet morning and eating tuyo and sinangag for breakfast. I miss walking on wet streets watching trees dance in the wind. I miss the frantic voices on radio screaming about a "super typhoon." I miss dark, candle-lit nights with the wind howling outside. I miss the mystery of a rainy night.

Today is the first day of June. June is supposed to be a rainy month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home