Tuesday, May 16, 2006

hah!

I am now reading Dan Brown's infamous novel, The Da Vinci Code. Cracked open the book yesterday with the intention of finishing it before catching the movie, which will have a worldwide premiere on Thursday, May 18. I'm on page 151 now: Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu on a break-neck nighttime dash for freedom. At best the book is thought-provoking. That's not to say that it is convincing, though.

So why all this clamor to ban the movie? Is Sec. Ermita suffering from brain bubbles? Sen. Pimentel from andropose? Are Filipinos a bunch of drooling religiously insecure people with nothing between their ears? Forget it. I'm sick of this brouhaha against the movie. I'm even going to pretend that two Manila councilors did not file a resolution calling for the ban of the movie in their city. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and let fools be fools.

Meanwhile, back to the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home