Monday, May 29, 2006

trains

Suddenly I have this urge to jump into a train and travel. Just pack and leave, the hell with deadlines. That's exactly what Charmaine and I intend to do when we get married: to explore the countryside and become strangers even for a short while. The promise of adventure and anonymity is mouth-watering.

But except for the MRT and the LRT I'm not sure if they still run trains in this country. Even if they do, are train rides here as enjoyable as, say, in London (or China, judging from what Paul Theroux had written in Riding the Iron Rooster)? The last train I saw was rusty and decrepit and overflowing with assorted trash. It looked like it's one strong gust of wind away from bursting apart. How it gets from Point A to Point B is something for the imagination. It's certainly the last thing I want to take me somewhere.

Anyway there's still the bus as an option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home