Wednesday, July 26, 2006

sinking lady

M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water is a disappointment. I wish there's a better way of putting it, since I'm a big Shyamalan fan, but there's none. (How about, "M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water fails to make a big splash"? Nah. Sounds like something a two-bit reviewer would come up with.) It's one of those movies that looked promising only on trailers. Watch them and you'll wish theaters have money-back guarantees.

Word of advice for Mr. Shyamalan: stick to horror. It's dangerous to go out of your genre if you're not Steven Speilberg.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it. Pang-DVD lang sha. So L and I would watch Nacho Libre instead, good thing I read this first.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Yup. I suggest you do that. I heard nice things about "Nacho Libre." Anyway, how can Jack Black go wrong?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

I'm still trying to acquaint myself with Night's works. I did see this movie, I liked it though I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't scary.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

He should stick to horror. "The Sixth Sense" is one of the scariest flicks I've ever seen.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home