Thursday, June 22, 2006

html

I admit, I know zip about html.

When I ask friends how they put this fascinating thing and that fascinating thing on their blogs, they tell me, "html, pare." My usual reaction is to scratch my head. My girlfriend, Charmaine, graphic designer extraordinaire, is a geek when it comes to html. She assures me it's chicken-feed, can in fact be learned through self-study. I say, Okay, and scratch my head.

I was contemplating earlier on ways to improve this blog when I decided that it needed links (blogs that I regularly read, like Jessica Zafra's and Poppy Z. Brite's). Curious as to how to do it, I started clicking things, the hell with everything. So click, click, click went the mouse, dancing over the mouse pad, dancing like a dork, while I read and experimented, read and experimented, read and experimented. More clicks later, more experimentations, some grunts, and -- boom! -- six links. Charmaine's right: it's chicken-feed, now that I think of it.

I know it's not yet the whole thing -- I still have to learn how to use the damn thing on pictures, for example -- but at least I'm starting to get the idea on how html works.

Baby steps, dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home