Wednesday, November 28, 2007

i'm... notorious!

I’ve just been informed that publication for my second novel, Sulyap sa Mundo ng mga Hayok, has been put “on hold” (euphemism for “rejected”?) because the distributor, Anvil Publishing, doesn’t approve of its title, cover, and – dig this – content. (They don't like the violence, the fact that two major characters died gruesomely in it, and the humiliation and near-rape of actress Ruffa Gutierrez.)

At first I was like, “Oh man, bummer.”

Then after about 10 seconds I went, “Oh wow. Cool.”

But I guess the good news is that L na L, controversial title be damned, is now Literotika’s best-selling title. (For the record, I wasn't responsible for that title. Hated it, in fact. But my opposition fell on deaf ears.) A second pressing is in the works. My gratitude to those who bought their copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home