Monday, October 08, 2007

r.i.p.

I learned last Saturday through Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho that overseas there's a course called Mortuary Science, which, in essence, is the science of embalming.

I wonder the motivation of people who take this course. Most teachers get into the profession for the love of kids, right? Doctors, to help sick people. Lawyers, to protect people’s rights under the law. Politicians, to serve the people (although this is downright questionable). But what of mortuary scientists/embalmers?

Really, think about it. (The only sane answer I can think of is money. It reportedly pays Php250,000 a month if you work abroad. Other than that, what?)

I guess the old yarn is true: no matter what the job is, somebody has got to do it. And thank god for TV programs like CSI, dissecting a dead body for a living these days has become, dare I say, glamorous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home