Monday, October 08, 2007

controversial

My last entry, which I re-posted in Multiply for no other reason than pure vanity, had gathered a lot of opposition particularly from those who joined the online hullabaloo versus Desperate Housewives for its allgedly "vitriolic, callous and racially divisive remarks" against Filipino medical professionals. (Big words, I must say, but empty.) It has become my most controversial entry since I started blogging in 2003, and, admittedly, it made camp in my head the whole weekend.

Much that I want to refute all their arguments point by point, my head's just not into it today. Also, it's futile: they're not gonna kiss my ass, and I'm not gonna kiss theirs, and this shit will just go on and on until we all turn blue in the face. So why bother?
----------------------------------
addendum: aargh!

Times like this, I can always count on Philippine Star columnist Jessica Zafra to come up with a killer line.

In her October 8 blog, she writes: "It is not my policy to explain things to the irony-challenged and literal-minded – they’re not my audience..."

Man, I wish I've her way with words! I also wish I could rub that line to the faces of those who maligned my October 5 entry. But I already told them I will not utter another word on the matter, and urged them to do the same so as to not complicate things further. Wrong move. Damn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home